Engaging Words For Engagement Congratulations Cards
When you are looking for the best words on what to write in an engagement card, can be an endeavor. Congratulating the engaged couple is a nice start for their future life together and it’s true that they will get very seriously all their engagement congratulations wishes.
So, in this post you can find the proper way and the best writing tips to compose an engagement congratulations card, with all the needed ingredients that can make it stand out among all others. Find also many examples to get wording ideas and unique engagement wishes and messages.
Etiquette For Engagement Cards
Just like other card-giving opportunities, there is a proper etiquette for engagement cards. What you will write depends on how close you are to the couple.
An acquaintance or a coworker that you are not close to can get a standard “Congratulations on your engagement.” A close friend or relative should get a heartfelt engagement wish, showing how your heart really feels about them.
A Complete Engagement Card Greeting Example
Engagements are all about remembering the memories you have with your friend or loved in the past and focusing on the memories that they will make with their future spouse.
Here is an example of a basic engagement congratulations card:
(Insert name here),
I have loved every minute of having you in my life as my (best friend, cousin, sister, etc.). I have been blessed to watch you grow and bloom over the years. As you and your fiancé move into the next chapter of your life, I am so happy that I will get to be with you to see how the book unfolds. I wish you lots of love and a happy ending in your love story.
(Insert your name here)
Congratulating The Happy Couple
When sending engagement congratulations to a couple, it is a good idea to be specific in what your congratulations are for. Pick an engagement message that can vary from a basic “Congratulations on your engagement.”, to a congratulatory message about how happy you are about the awesome future ahead of them.
An example of a message like that could be:
Congratulations, the thought of your joyous future together brings me a lot of joy.
Engagement congratulations wishes examples
Funny Engagement Wishes
If the couple you are giving the card to have a sense of humor (as all couples should to get them through life, especially during the tough times), then you can add a funny sentiment to your engagement card. Some popular funny quotes to put on engagement cards are:
- You’re both so lucky to have found the one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- Never laugh at your partner’s choices, you are now one of them.
Formal Engagement Wishes
When the occasion calls for a more formal engagement celebratory wish, here are some wording examples of what you can say:
- Dear (insert name here), I am happy to hear that you two got engaged. It is a special moment for of us who love you. Congratulations, wishing all the best for your future life together. Sincerely (insert your name here)
- We wish you the best in your upcoming marriage. Yours truly, (insert your name here)
- Our sincere congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Yours truly, (insert your name here)
Religious Engagement Wishes
When you send an engagement greeting card to a faith-based couple, you can include a Bible verse or two, speak of God, and tell them that they are in your prayers. Because there are many religions, be sure that you are customizing your message to their religion. Some examples of religious engagement card sentiments that you can use are:
- Prayer needs to be important in your home. Remember, the family that prays together stays together.
- Jesus loves the church as a bride. His love needs to be an example to all of us as we go through life.
- Throughout your path in life, trust the Lord to guide you. Look for his direction in your life as you and your spouse find your way in life. May God give you much happiness as the two of you become one.
- As people that believe in God, we know that he loves us even though we sin. Married couples need to trust each other, put their spouse first, and forgive each other when they do wrong.
Engagement Wishes For Friends
Engagement sentiments for a friend should be based on whether your friendship is serious or more easygoing and relaxed. If you are mere acquaintances, then a traditional congratulatory message is acceptable. For a dear friend, let them know how dear they are to you in the engagement message from you. Some good examples of engagement wishes for friends are:
- It is hard to share your friend with someone. However, I love the person you picked for me to share you with.
- In my book of life, I am blessed that you have been in many chapters of it. As you and your fiance enter your new chapter of life together, I wish you many blessings.
- The day of your engagement is just the first of many days of happiness you and your fiance will have. Congratulations on your engagement.
- (From one couple to another)- “We heard the news. That is excellent! We’re all wishing for the best for both of you as you embark on this wonderful journey together.”
- (Someone you are close to)- “A thousand congratulations to you on this big step! Here’s to a vibrant and happy wedding and marriage!”
- (From a married couple)- “We send all of our best wishes to both of you during this monumental period in your lives. All of us are rooting for the two of you as you begin the beautiful journey of matrimony.”
- (A close family friend)- Regarding the news: We are so, so, so happy for the both of you. We all believe in you and can’t wait to see you both on your wedding day!”
Engagement Wishes For Family Members
When a member of your family is getting married, you need to take the outlook that you are gaining a new family member instead of losing one. Be sure to include the fiance of your brother, mother, sister, dad, uncle, cousin, aunt, etc. in the sentiment in your card. Examples of these types of greetings are:
- We are so blessed to be welcoming a new cousin/brother/sister/aunt/uncle, etc. into our family.
- We wish both of you much joy on this joyous occasion for our family.
- Thank you so much for bringing this special person into our lives. We love you both and we hope that you have a very special life together.
- You have been so good to me all my life as my sister/cousin/aunt/uncle, etc. I wish you all that goodness will come back to you in your married life.
- Brother- “You are a great brother and I love you and I hope you and your love will love your life together.”
- Older sister– You were my role model growing up I learned from the very best You were loving, firm, and playful You were my peace when I couldn’t rest Today is a new chapter in your life The most beautiful day of your life You’ve always been my big sister But today you become a wife.
- Uncle– Uncles are strong folks They are always close to our hearts Soon my uncle is getting married He’s making a brand new start. With a woman, our family loves Just as much as we love him. We’re here to support this beautiful union Until time comes to an end.
- Daughter– Daughter, I hope you and your husband have a lovely and blessed life. I want you to have all the blessings and happiness that you have given me from the beginning.
- Daughter from Mother– I love you so much and I am blessed to be your mom. I have loved you so much from day one. I am so happy that you have found someone that will love you and care for you for the rest of your life.
- Sister-You have been there for me all throughout our childhood as my sister and best friend. I am so happy that you have found your best friend and soulmate. I hope that you will be so happy throughout your life as you live together as a family.
- Cousin– You have been more like a sibling to me my whole than my cousin. I am so happy for you to have found someone to love for the rest of your life. I wish you all the happiness in the world as you become husband and wife.
Engagement Card Closings
With most people keeping in contact today by email, phone calls, and text messages, some people do not send out actual greeting cards. They opt for an electronic card, email, or even a text message. I am a sentimental person. Trust me, if you take the time and effort to select and mail out a card to a newly engaged couple, they will love it and it will add to their happiness. I still have my engagement greeting cards in a scrapbook.
However, since some people are out of practice with what to say in these cards, they may not know what to say throughout the card, including finding the proper closing remark for the card they are sending to the newly engaged couple. These closings can help you close out your engagement card in the most extra-special way:
Lots of Love,
Much love to you both,
Best wishes for your life together!
All life’s best to the two of you,
Congratulations and best wishes,
God bless you both,
God bless you now and always,
When is The Right Time to Send an Engagement Card?
Proper etiquette states that you should send the newly engaged couple in your life a card pretty close to after you hear about their engagement. It is understood that like everyone else, you get busy. I personally have purchased a card, filled it out, and forgot to send it for a little while. However, it is okay to still send it out if that happens to you. A few weeks late is better than never, as long as it’s not a few months late.
If you are attending the engagement party, you can just wait and personally deliver it to the couple at this time. There is nothing wrong with giving them your card when you give them the gift from you. If you are unable to attend the engagement party, be sure to send them their card and gift as soon as possible so they receive it in a timely manner.
Read also: Samples of Engagement Wishes
Wish From The Heart
When you are writing your sentiments on the engagement card, tell the newly engaged couple in your life how you feel about them in your heart. Being open and straightforward with you how feel will mean a lot to them. During the happiest time of a person’s life, they love hearing how happy they make you and how happy you want them to be as well.
They are happy and in love. Part of the biggest and most exciting day of their lives is having people that they love like you be there to celebrate their happiness and love with them. Written just the right way, your engagement card can be a stepping stone that they look back on in the times of their lives that are sad and stressful for them.